Saturday 16 June 2012

Sunday #Clay5 - Simpsons Quotes

I've been using Sunday for the kinds of #Clay5 lists that cannot be contained by 140 characters. Hopefully one day someone will join in and leave their own in a comment. I can only dream. In the meantime, here are five of my favourite Simpsons quotes.

1.  "This is Papa Bear. Put out an APB for a male suspect, driving a...car of some sort, heading in the direction of...you know, that place that sells chili. Suspect is hatless. Repeat, hatless." - Chief Wiggum (9F09 - Homer's Triple Bypass)

2. "Of course.  We wouldn't think of going without the bait-- uhh, that is, the bait-thing beauty. The bathing beauty! Heh heh. I covered that up pretty well." - Mr Burns (9F04 - Treehouse of Horror III - King Homer)


3. "While you'
re waiting, here are some names you may call me on our wedding night: Obi Wan, Iron Man, Mr. Mxyzptlk, and of course, Big Papa Smurf." - Comic Book Guy, as The Collector (BABF01 - Treehouse of Horror X: Desperately Xeeking Xena)

4. "Never, Marge. Never. I can't live the button-down life like you. I want it all: the terrifying lows, the dizzying highs, the creamy middles. Sure, I might offend a few of the bluenoses with my cocky stride and musky odours - oh, I'll never be the darling of the so-called 'City Fathers' who cluck their tongues, stroke their beards, and talk about 'What's to be done with this Homer Simpson?'"
- Homer (1F17 - Lisa's Rival)

5. "Oh, so you're looking for a Mr. Smithers, eh? First name Waylon, is it? Listen to me, you; when I catch you, I'm gonna pull out your eyes and stick 'em down your pants, so you can watch me kick the crap outta you, okay? Then I'm gonna use your tongue to paint my boat!"
- Moe Syzlak (3F14 - Homer The Smithers)


Honourable mentions:

"Hi, I'm Troy McClure. You may remember me from such self-help tapes as 'Some Yourself Thin' and 'Get Confident, Stupid!'" - Troy McClure, obviously
"Homer? Who is Homer? My name is Guy Incognito." - Guy Incognito
"You don't win friends with salad." - Homer
"Ahoy hoy?" - Mr Burns
"Oh, so they have the Internet on computers now!" - Homer
"Oh yeah - the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time," - Abe Simpson
"Your questions have become more redundant and annoying than the last three Highlander movies." - Comic Book Guy
"Uh, no you got the wrong number, this is 9-1...2." - Chief Wiggum
"But Moe, the dank, the dank!" - Carl Carlson
"I've done everything the Bible says - even the stuff that contradicts the other stuff!" - Ned Flanders

No comments:

Post a Comment